Do I need back support for my office chair or car? I often get questions regarding the need for a ortho back support equipment or gadget to prevent back pain or simply to maintain good posture.
Sitting for prolong hours is a form of stress to the lower back spine. If your job requires you to sit or drive for extended hours, then you owe it to yourself to sit correctly or risk straining and injuring your back.
So what is the best back support for office chair or car? The best back support would allow you to maintain a straight back while you are sitting. There are currently 2 popular products on the market including the BackJoy (My BackJoy Review) and Orthoback Support.
So who uses orthoback support and why do I need it? The majority of spine and back related problems are the result of the cumulative changes brought on by years of bad posture. Sitting for prolong hours is a form of stress to the lower back spine. If your job requires you to sit for extended hours, then you owe it to yourself to sit correctly or risk straining and injuring your back. The word “ortho” means “straight”.
Basically, Orthoback Support is a gadget that helps you support to keep your back straight. Long hours of poor sitting posture causes strain and compression of our ligaments and discs of our spine resulting in tightness and pain. Sitting straight about 100 degrees angle mean the natural lordotic curved is maintained and allows the least amount of disc pressure in your spine. Yes more pressure in the spinal disc encourage disc to protrude to affect the nerves.
What Orthoback Support is Made Of?
OrthoBack is made of innovative and latest elasticity technology of TPR (Thermoplastic Rubber) compounded with PP (Polypropylene) material, which means that it keeps cool and does not degrade easily.
- Available in Black / Beige / Orange / Grey
- Made of Thermoplastic Rubber with Dual Panel that Contours Your Back
- Recommended for desk-bound or driving individuals
Does Orthoback Support Really Work?
OrthoBack support is designed to encourage an ergonomic posture, providing the best possible support to the back, reduce fatigue, and pain due to prolong sitting. Like any back support gadgets, my opinion is that they are design to prevent back pain rather than fix back problems. If you sit a lot and find yourself slouching the orthoback support may be the product for you need.
Orthoback Support Pros or Advantages
- Adjustable up and down to fit your back
- Contours and wraps to your back
- Great for wheel chair bound persons
- Prevent slouching
- Four Color options (black most popular)
- Suitable for Sofa, car seats office chair
- Does not slide off the chair easily
- Once height is adjusted it stays put the desired position
- Holes allow ventilation so its not hot even after prolong sitting
- It’s lightweight, portable and has an easy fastening system which makes Ortho Back a perfect fit on almost any seat
- Long Lasting – we put in the office for patient to sit and it is still works great. The material does not seem to disintegrate
- Portability more affordable option to ergonomic chair $700 or more
Orthoback Support Cons or Disadvantages
- Cannot use if your chair has no full back
- Screw that tighten the flaps or wing of the Orthoback support may loosen – occurred once in 2 years for our office
- May be prohibitive for some
Comparing Orthoback verses BackJoy: What is the Difference?
Key difference is the BackJoy attempts to put you in a pelvic tilt posture without the back support by making the back portion slightly higher than your thigh thus encouraging a better posture. If you have a sacroiliac fixation type back pain, this posture may be uncomfortable. But since the backJoy does not have a back support your back may get tired after prolong sitting and still feel the need for a support lean on. Most of course would have chairs with the back support but your probably won’t be able to sit on the BackJoy and lean on your chair back support at the same time due to the design. The Orthoback support does not work on the buttock or glut. It works by creating a lumbar support and prevents your lower back from slouching.
Overall Rating for the Orthoback Support: 4/5 stars (BUY HERE)